Message from the Superintendent
Like many school districts in the nation, Holly Springs School District is developing a plan for all students to return to school for the 2021-2022 school year. We are super excited to welcome students back for the first day on August 5, 2021. The first day will be a full day.
Considerations for returning include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining the safety of students and staff as it relates to the coronavirus
- Providing instructional support to ensure students continue to learn to prevent major learning gaps
- Providing social and emotional supports that many of our students receive at school
- Continuing to support our parents so that that they will not have to take on the burden of educating our students alone during these difficult times
On June 8, 2021, the Holly Springs School Board approved a return to school In-Person Model with a virtual option for the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year as part of a return to school plan. An In-Person Model is where students come to school to receive face-to-face instruction every day. The district is including a virtual option only in cases where a student is infected or exposed and has to quarantine. The option will also be used in cases of inclement weather to ensure students continue to learn.
The District would like to emphasize the return to school plan is an evolving process and the district will take whatever steps that are in the best interest of our students and staff. If the Governor, Legislature, Center for Disease Control or Local Health Agency recommend full virtual instruction, the district will follow the recommendation.
Some of the most important reasons for choosing the In-Person Model include the following:
- The In-Person Model will allow for all students to return to school.
- The In-Person Model will allow students to receive face-to-face instruction from teachers in order to master grade-level information which will be critical to their success in the future.
- The In-Person Model will allow students to receive social and emotional support while at school.
- The In-Person Model will assist parents with support in the educational process.
Thank you for joining the parent meetings that were scheduled July 13, 2021. If you have questions related to this comprehensive Return to Learn Plan that you would like to know, please do not hesitate to contact me at 662.252.2183.